Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Baby-Sitters Club

Well, I loved reading about babysitting when I was in elementary school. I loved actually babysitting when I was a young teenager. I decided to be a glorified babysitter (teacher and mom) by profession. And now I have the priviledge of teaching Kate the trade.

Our first lesson took place this Monday. Aunt LeLe had some errands to run and asked if we would like to keep Cole. Of course we jumped all over that!

Lesson #1- Babies like to sleep.



Kate watched Cole as he slept. She gave him a couple of "love taps" to make sure that he knew she was still there and played quietly until he was ready to get up.

Lesson #2- Babies like to eat.



Kate LOVED feeding Cole his bottle (hence the huge smile). She didn't quite understand why she had to stop feeding him for me to burp him but was alright with the idea once she realized that she would get to feed him again.



Lesson #3- Even the babysitter needs attention too sometimes!



Kate loved playing with Cole but was sure to let Mom and Dad know that SHE was the baby of this house! Here she is being rocked just like baby Cole. Awe...what a sweet (not-so-little) baby girl!

Next time we will work on Lesson #4- Dirty diapers!

1 comment:

Angelia Carson said...

Kora, I love these pictures and the look of pure joy on Kate's face as she is feeding Cole! He is a beautiful baby.