Saturday, March 21, 2009

Way, Way Overdue

Well, a lot has been going on the last couple of weeks to say the least. Sorry it's been so long since I posted last. When Kate doesn't nap well, I don't get computer time! Thanks to my blackberry I can at least get e-mails :) I hope to get everyone up to date very soon.

For now I just want to share these cute pictures and story.

Kate and I had to go by Sears the other day to pick up some vacuum cleaner bags and while we were at Southlake Mall I had to show Kate the carousel. First, we just stood and watched as the other children took turns riding. Then Kate started dancing to the sweet little music and I had to let her ride. Anyone who knows Kate, knows that she usually has no fear but today was a little different. Once we got on and strapped her in I took three steps back to take this picture and she became petrified. I don't know if she was afraid of falling or being "alone" on the ride but she was not having it. As the ride started she wanted to stay on the horse but also wanted to cling (ok, it was more like a death grip) to my neck as I stood by her. Needless to say we were some sort of scene. Kate's body going up with the horse, her arm and head staying stationary with me, me trying to move with the ride that was already at my shoulder level so she wouldn't strangle me, me trying to convince Kate to hold onto the pole, all while the other moms watch and wave to their smiling, laughing children.

These are the pictures I took right before she "realized" she didn't like carousels:





I'll just leave it at that. No need to elaborate on the next, not so pretty, 5 minutes. :)

No comments: