Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kate's 1st Birthday Present

Over the past few weeks I have really put a lot of thought into what J and I would like to give Kate for her very first birthday. I thought about getting her a big girl car seat (she already has one but needs another for Dad's vehicle), but that's too boring. I thought about a wagon, blocks, balls, or bath tub toys but then decided those were better ideas for other family members to get her. So, after a little discussing, J conceded to my idea of getting her ears pierced! What else could a girl want?

I called around to different shops all morning long and couldn't find anyone who had two qualified people working so that they could pierce both ears at the same time. Finally, one shop offered to call the owner in to assist one of the ladies that was already there and do it for me. So, off we went (Aunt Erica and Ella came along too so that they could take pictures for us)! When we got there Kate was taking it all in.



She didn't like it so much when the ladies marked her ears. I'm sure it feels a little funny letting someone write on your earlobe with a marker!

But, they got them marked. We checked and rechecked that they were even and then 1, 2......3!


Her ears were pierced!

She cried for half a minute, literally.

I gave her a few puffs.


And everything was better! What a pretty little girl! Oh, the things we do for beauty.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Yipee for earrings! You'll have to post a close up picture so that we can see them more clearly

Carsons in Augusta, GA said...

Oh, fun! What kind of earrings does she have?

amyhinton said...

soooo cute. It was hard for me(nana) to see her cry. I'm sure she is so cute with her earrings. Can't wait to see her with them on. I love you Kate, Nana