Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

Lollipops were the official theme of Kate's first birthday party but this song could have come in a close second. Kate started feeling bad last Tuesday and by Party day was lacking nutrition, sleep, and patience. Excluding all that (ha, ha), I think she had a really great time playing and celebrating her first birthday with all her friends and family, and I mean virtually ALL. About 50 people came in total. We had Great Great Grandmas, Great Great Aunts, Great Grandparents, Great Aunts and Uncles, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and tons of friends in attendance. Thanks to everyone who came and made this day so special for Kate. Here are a few pics of the day's events, I tried to pick ones where Kate was smiling! :)
Thanks Ms. Elaine for making such a beautiful cake!

Kate's smash cake.

Kate opening her presents.

Ella helping Kate open her presents. What are friends for?

Kate really didn't smash her smash cake but she did manage to spit what little she ate all over the place!

Happy Birthday Kate!

2 comments:

Carsons in Augusta, GA said...

Love the pics and loved the day! Thanks for including us in precious Kate's birthday!
Love,
Angelia

Erica said...

Ok, that's the funniest title ever...I love it!